Arusha National Park was Ngurdoto Crater Highland until 1967. The current national park covers an area of 137 sq km/53 sq m, and is located near the town of Arusha between Kilimanjaro and Mount Meru. The park and town derive their name from the Wa-Arusha people who traditionally live in this area. On this one-day excursion leaving from Arusha, Moshi or Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO) you will get to know the Ngurdoto Crater, Momella Lakes, highland montane forest, and the rugged Mount Meru (4,565 m/14,977 ft). The park has a wealth of wildlife including Colobus Monkeys, velvet monkeys, bushbucks, buffalos, red forest duikers, hippos, elephants, and giraffes. Birdlife, especially waterfowl, is abundant and interesting.
This morning drive to Arusha National Park for game viewing. The park is dominated by Mount Meru, Africa’s fifth highest mountain, 4,565m. There is a good range of animal species represented; you can expect to see hippos, giraffes, zebras, warthogs, waterbucks, and bushbucks, although more interesting sightings such as reedbucks, leopards and hyenas are much more occasional. They are also quite alkaline and therefore provide a year-round breeding area for flamingoes.
Included in the price:
- Full board (breakfast, lunch & dinner) accommodation while on safari
- All game drives viewing in a custom built 4×4 Safari Land Cruiser
- All park and entrance fees
- Transportation with 4×4 vehicles with viewing roofs
- Professional English speaking driver/guide during the safari.
- Bottled water in safari vehicles
- Current Government taxes and levies
- 24-Hour support during the safari from our office in Arusha.
Excluded from the price:
- Internal or International flights
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Entry visa to Tanzania.
- Travel and health insurance
- Gratuities to your guide, hotel staff, and porters
- Meals, drinks, and excursions not described in the itinerary
- Any other items of a personal nature, laundry, telephone and postage
- Item of personal Nature