If you are the first time climber and you want to climb Kilimanjaro in a few days, here I have suggested you climb Kilimanjaro via the easy Marangu route. Our 5 Days Marangu route itinerary is the only uncomplicated to Uhuru peak on Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing because of its gentle slopes but needs optional acclimatization day that one can reschedule to 6 days. The Marangu route is known as Coca-Cola Route meaning simple like Coca-cola. However, it is the only route on the mountain which offers accommodation in sleeping huts and serves beverages like
Day 1: Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut (2,700 m): 5-6 hours walking.
After having your breakfast we Take a short drive from Moshi or Arusha town to Kilimanjaro National Park Gate (1,830 m.) lies at the edge of Marangu, which is an attractive village with many small coffee and banana plantations. After completing the entrance formalities, We start the climbs through the attractive and fascinating tropical rain forest, to reach the clearing containing Mandara Hut.
The volcanic remains of Maundi Crater are nearby and make a good afternoon excursion. An alternative is to simply rest and relax the beautiful forest around the camp. There is a rich birdlife at the huts and monkeys are often seen as well
Day 2: Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut (3,720 m): 4-6 hours walking
Today The first part of the walk is a steep ascent through forest, but the path soon opens out into grassy moorland and, in clear weather, there are good views of Kibo and Mawenzi peaks. We climb steadily through the moorland zone, containing giant heather and occasional stands of groundsel, to eventually reach Horombo Hut. Sunrises and sunsets here are often very stunning, the site is close to the glaciated dome of Kibo, and there is a real sense of being above the clouds.
Day 3: Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut (4,700 m.); 4-6 hours walking
we climb very gradually towards the lunar desert of the Saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo. The terrain changes to screed and there is a palpable sense of high altitude wilderness. We usually reach Kibo Hut (4,700 m.) at the bottom of the crater wall by midday and the afternoon is free (to contemplate the summit ascent!!). The remainder of the day is spent resting and eating in preparation for the final climb before a very early night
Day 4: Kibo Hut to Summit to Horombo Hut (3,720 m): 13-15 hours walking.
Wake up before midnight in the cover of darkness. We will start our ascent by torchlight at about 1 a.m. so that we can be up at Gillman’s Point by sunrise. The initial climb is steep over loose volcanic screen, but there are some well-graded zig-zag and a slow but steady pace will have us up to Gillman’s (5,685 m.) in about five or six hours.
We will rest there and spend some time taking in the sunrise. Those who are still feeling strong can make the three hour round trip from here along the crater rim to Uhuru Peak (5,896 m.) wich is highest point in africa, passing close to the spectacular glaciers that still occupy most of the summit area. after a few minutes to appreciate your accomplishment we descend to kibo hut, we stop at Kibo Hut for some refreshment, The descent is surprisingly fast and continue to descend to reach to Horombo Hut for the night.
Day 5: Safari to Kilimanjaro Retrace through Forest (6-7 hours walking).
Today we will descend past Mandara hut to Marangu National Park gate, successful climbers will receive their summit certificates. From here you will be transferred to Kilimanjaro Mountain Resort for dinner and overnight.
We retrace our steps with a pleasant moorland walk to Mandara and then a lovely forest walk to the National Park gates to Moshi or Arusha town. The greenness and lushness of the forest is quite a stunning contrast to the summit day, and it really makes you realize how varied the scenery on Kilimanjaro really is.
We recommend you can extend your stay a little breeze on Zanzibar beaches or Ngorongoro Crater safari from at least 2 days.
Kilimanjaro Climb Includes:
- Return transfers Kilimanjaro airport to Arusha and Arusha to Kilimanjaro airport
• Hotel Lodging the night before and the night after the climb, with dinner and breakfast included (double occupancy)
• Transfer from your hotel to starting point for your climb, and return to your hotel after your climb
• Large portions of fresh, healthy, nutritious food
• All Kilimanjaro National Park gate fees, camping fees and climbing permits.
• Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees (Kilimanjaro Rescue Team)
• Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summiting aid)
• Basic first aid kit (for use in emergencies only)
• Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook
• Salaries for mountain crew as per guidelines set by Kilimanjaro National Park
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner, as well as hot drinks on the mountain
• Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress
• Water for washing up daily
• Porter to carry your duffel bag (max weight 15kg / 32 lbs) from one camp to the next camp.
• Kilimanjaro National Park certificate for your successful summit attempt
Kilimanjaro Climb Excludes:
- • Flights and airport taxes
• Items of a personal nature
• Compulsory tips for guides, porters and cook (average tip is anything from US $ 270 to US $ 300 per hiker – depending on number of days / how many hikers in the group and route chosen)
• South African passport holders do NOT require a visa for Tanzania, however most other Nationalities require a visa for Tanzania
• Health requirements (Yellow Fever compulsory if travelling to Tanzania recommended)
• Highly recommended travel and medical insurance.
• Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
• Optional but highly recommended Portable toilet
• Snacks, personal medicine and water purifying tablets
• Meals & drinks not specified and snacks
Success is what we want during our trip. We are prepared for any urgent situation and also have in place a complete evacuation procedure in case of altitude sickness. We carry first aid supplies, supplement summit oxygen and Pulse Oximeters).
all customers travelling with Kuwa Huru Adventure Tanzania are required to have fully comprehensive travel insurance.
The policy needs to be valid from the date that the initial order is placed so as to provide cover for a cancellation prior to departure.
During travel the insurance neecover.